When most people think of bedding, they think of cotton or bamboo. But did you know that sleeping with wool bedding can lower your heart rate and improve the quality of your sleep?
You don’t necessarily need to invest in an organic wool mattress to enjoy these benefits. However, wool mattress products, like the ones from Sleep & Beyond, can help you get a better night’s sleep. And it’s not just the wool that helps you sleep better. You can rest at ease knowing that Sleep & Beyond uses eco-friendly, sustainable and organic materials to create their bedding products.
What Makes Sleep & Beyond So Special?
Sleep & Beyond’s commitment to sustainability and zero waste philosophy makes them an obvious choice for anyone wanting natural, environmentally friendly bedding products.
Here are just a few reasons why Sleep & Beyond stands out in the crowd:
Premium Quality, Organic Materials
Sleep & Beyond uses premium-quality raw materials to create their products, including:
- Shropshire Wool: Used in their washable wool bedding products. Shropshire wool is lightweight, flexible and soft to the touch. An eco-friendly Biowash treatment makes this wool safe for washing without shrinking.
- Organic Merino Wool: Merino wool is exceptionally soft and itch-free. Sleep & Beyond uses this wool as filling in their myMerino collection. Their Merino sheep are raised in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Organic and Natural Cotton: Any cotton used in their products is organically grown and free of harmful chemicals and dyes.
The materials used by Sleep & Beyond are also certified for their quality:
- Both their Merino and Shropshire wool are WOOLMARK certified for quality and purity.
- Their cotton is OEKO-TEX Standard certified, which means they are free of harmful chemicals and safe for infants.
Quality makes all the difference when creating any wool or cotton product. Using organic, natural and sustainable materials reduces environmental impact while providing a luxurious experience.
Plus, their materials are tested and free of:
- Carcinogenic chemicals
A Reputation for Being the Best
Since they opened their doors in 1992, Sleep & Beyond has developed a reputation for being one of the best in the industry. In fact, the company was named one of the Top 3 Best Wool Beed Brands in all of North America.
They are also one of the biggest manufacturers of wool bedding products in the world.
Sleep & Beyond considers itself a fair-trade company. Factory workers receive a fair wage, and the company provides good working conditions.
In fact, the company is Fair Trade Certified and has a Sedex ZC Certificate.
Zero Waste Philosophy
Sleep & Beyond is committed to reducing their environmental footprint. They achieve this through:
- Solar Power: Their facility in India has been using solar power since 2017.
- LED Lights: Their distribution center in Fontana, CA is fully outfitted with LED lights.
- Zero Waste: All leftover raw material is reused in some way, whether it’s in packaging or for test runs of new products.
- Recycling: The company recycles as much as possible.
- Eco-Friendly Printing: Azo-free, non-toxic, heavy-metal-free hand-screen printing is used for their organic cotton products.
Sleep & Beyond takes their zero-waste philosophy all the way to their product packaging:
- Organic cotton and Merino wool products are packaged in 100% natural, organic cotton bags. Recycle or reuse these bags – it’s up to you!
- myBedding products use PEVA packaging, which is a type of plastic that is BPA-free, phthalates-free and eco-friendly. This packaging is also fully recyclable.
- Organic cotton and Merino wool products are also wrapped in LDPE packaging to keep them clean.
Sleep & Beyond Bedding Products
Sleep & Beyond offers a variety of wool bedding products for those who are environmentally conscious and focused on sustainability.
The myMerino Comforter features 100% organic Merino wool filling and comes in four sizes:
- Crib (35” x 53” with 1.5 lbs. of wool)
- Twin (68” x 86” with 4 lbs. of wool)
- Full-Queen (90” x 90” with 4.5 lbs. of wool)
- King (102” x 90” with 5.5 lbs. of wool)
This four-seasons comforter wicks away up to 30% of its weight in moisture and is naturally insulating. Wool keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer, so you’re comfortable year-round.
It’s also naturally resistant to:
- Dust mites
The organic Merino wool is encased in 100% organic cotton sateen, and the comforter comes in a reusable cotton bag.
Caring for this comforter is easy. Sleep & Beyond recommends using a washable cover (like their organic cotton duvet cover). Regular sunning and airing will help disinfect the comforter. Avoid machine washing and drying. Spot clean when needed.
If you’re looking for a clean, healthy and hypoallergenic option for your next comforter, the myMerino comforter is a great option.
Sleep & Beyond’s organic duvet cover features 100% organic cotton sateen. Exceptionally soft, breathable and hypoallergenic, this duvet cover will keep you comfortable year-round.
Choose from twin, full/queen, king and super king sizes.
One great advantage of this duvet cover is that it’s pre-shrunk, so there’s no need to worry about it being too small after the first wash.
Here are some other great features of this duvet cover:
- All buttons are coconut-based and sustainable
- Corner ties help keep the comforter in place
- Cotton is third-party certified
- It’s 100% machine washable
Like other bedding products from Sleep & Beyond, this duvet cover comes in an organic cotton reusable bag.
If you live in a warmer climate, the myMerino comforter may still be a little too warm for your home. The myComforter Light is a lightweight comforter designed for tropical climates or those who like to keep their bedrooms warm at night (think 74°F).
This comforter is filled with washable wool and encased in a 100% cotton sateen cover.
myProtector is a wool mattress pad that protects your mattress while helping you stay more comfortable at night.
This wool mattress protector is:
- Filled with 100% washable wool
- Naturally moisture-wicking
- Large enough to fit mattresses up to 18” in height
The top fabric features natural cotton percale, and the lining or skirt is made from waterproof, recyclable microfiber.
Sleep & Beyond offers high-quality, organic and environmentally friendly wool bedding products that are free from harmful chemicals and help you sleep better at night. Whether you’re in the market for a new comforter or mattress protector, Sleep & Beyond has you covered.