If you want to grow healthier plants, you need to start with healthy soil. When your soil has everything that your plants need to grow and thrive, they’ll be more productive and provide bigger yields. Whether growing flowers or a vegetable garden, the right soil can mean the difference between success and failure.
Roots Organics soil makes it easy to give your plants the ideal environment for growth. It contains a mixture of organic materials that provide your plants with vital nutrients.
But is it worth buying this soil? And is there really a difference between organic and non-organic soil?
What Is the Difference Between Organic Soil and Regular Soil?
Soil is soil, right? Wrong! There’s a big difference between organic soil and regular soil.
- Organic soil contains organic matter, like manure, worm castings, bat guano or compost. There are no pesticides or chemicals.
- Regular, non-organic soil does not contain organic material. It may include things like vermiculite, peat moss or perlite. These ingredients are meant to improve drainage and aeration, but they don’t feed the plants.
Organic soil is generally better for the environment because it contains nutrient-rich, organic matter that helps amend and improve the soil.
- Can absorb and hold more water, which can reduce runoff and erosion.
- Improves the nutritional value of food.
- Gives plants the nutrients they need to grow and thrive.
- Helps plants better fight off diseases and pests.
Regular soil may not contain any nutrients, and synthetic fertilizers and pesticides do little to benefit the environment or plants.
What is Roots Organics Original Potting Soil?
Roots Organics potting soil is coco fiber-based soil that’s rich in organic material for frequent feeding of your plants. This nutrient-rich soil can stand up to heavy feeders and keep your plants looking healthy all season long.
The coco fiber in this soil is composted for more than 24 months. Only the highest quality ingredients are blended into this soil mix to help develop healthy plants with better yields.
Roots Organics comes in a convenient 10-gallon bag with 1.5 cu. feet of soil and is ready to grow. Just poke holes in the bottom of the bag, cut off the top, and add your plants. You can also find this soil in 3 cubic feet and 0.5 cubic feet grow bags.
Roots Organics Ingredients
Roots Organics potting soil contains an ideal blend of:
- Coco fiber: Has a high water holding capacity, provides excellent drainage and helps retain nutrients.
- Perlite: Helps plants develop a healthy and robust root system while aerating the soil and allowing plants to access the soil’s nutrients better.
- Composted forest material: Contains organic matter rich in the nutrients that plants need to grow and thrive.
- Glacial rock dust: Adds essential minerals to the soil, including magnesium, iron, manganese and other trace elements. It also helps with moisture retention, drainage and soil structure.
- Humic acid: Helps improve plant nutrient uptake, seed germination and drought tolerance.
- Peat moss: Helps improve water retention, soil texture and nutrient uptake.
- Worm castings: Along with improving moisture retention, worm castings can also improve aeration and help plants hold onto nutrients that would otherwise wash away.
- Pumice: Reduces water runoff by improving soil absorption and absorbs excess moisture to prevent root rot.
- Soybean meal: High in nitrogen and acts as a slow-release fertilizer.
- Bat guano: Contains 1% potassium, 3% phosphorus and 10% nitrogen, acting as a balanced fertilizer.
- Fish bone meal: An excellent source of essential minerals, calcium, phosphorus and trace elements.
- Alfalfa meal: Helps improve the balance of proteins and starches in the soil while promoting beneficial soil bacteria.
- Mycorrhizal fungi: Helps plants establish healthy root systems while improving water absorption and nutrient efficiency.
- Greensand: An excellent source of glauconite, which contains magnesium, iron and potassium.
- Kelp meal: Helps encourage healthy plant growth and can improve fruit and vegetable yields.
All of these ingredients work together to give plants the nutrients and minerals they need to grow and thrive all season long. In addition, each of these ingredients come from high-quality sources and are organically produced.
Where Can I Buy Roots Organics Soil?
You can buy Roots Organics online either directly from the manufacturer or Amazon. When you buy from Amazon, you enjoy faster shipping and excellent customer service.
No matter where you buy your soil from, it will arrive in a convenient tote that’s ready for you to add your plants.
Roots Organics potting soil makes it easy to grow healthy, thriving plants that produce or flower all season long.