We are lucky (debatable perhaps) that we live in a world of smart devices. We have smartphones, smart homes, smart cars, etc.. But what about your air purifier?
The Rabbit Air Minusa2 is a Wi-Fi enabled, ultra-quiet HEPA air purifier that you can control from anywhere in the world.
Sleek, modern, customizable and efficient, the Minusa2 is our favorite “clean air machine”.
Our Rabbit Air Minusa2 HEPA Air Filter Review
The first thing you’ll notice about the Minusa2 is its modern design. Of course, this isn’t your main concern when buying an air purifier, but it’s always nice when a practical device adds appeal to your home. We’ll talk more about customization and appearance shortly. Let’s move on to the most important thing: filtration.
How the Minusa2 Works
The Minusa2 is designed to adapt to any space, and you can tailor your air purifier to meet your personal needs. Choose from a wide range of filters:
- Germ defense: Traps and reduces airborne bacteria, virus-carrying particles and mold spores.
- Pet allergy: Traps and reduces pet allergens and dander.
- Toxin absorber: Traps and reduces volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as well as other chemicals.
- Odor remover: Traps and eliminates odors from pets, cigarettes, mildew and cooking.
Six Stage Filtration
These filters are a part of the Minusa2’s six stage filtration system.
- Stage 1: Pre-filter (washable and permanent). Traps and reduces large allergens, dust and particles.
- Stage 2: Medium filter. Traps and reduces airborne particles larger than 1 micron in size, such as mold, pollen and pet dander.
- Stage 3: BioGS HEPA filter. Traps allergens and particles 0.3 microns in size and at 99.97% efficiency; reduces common allergens to promote efficiency and prolong the filter life.
- Stage 4: Customized filter. Here’s where you choose your customized filter – Germ Defense, Odor Remover, Pet Allergy or Toxin Absorber.
- Stage 5: Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter. Made with high-grade granular activated carbon.
- Stage 6: Negative Ion Generator. Produces beneficial negative ions to fortify and freshen the air.
True HEPA vs BioGS HEPA
The Minusa2 offers advanced HEPA filtration for two types of uses:
- Normal Residential: 700ft of room coverage; 2 air changes per hour
- Allergy Sufferer: 350ft room coverage; 4 air changes per hour
Traditional HEPA air purifiers trap contaminants and allergens in the air, but eventually, they accumulate in the filter and interfere with efficiency. The Minusa2’s BioGS HEPA filter traps and reduces common allergens to promote efficiency and extend the filter’s life.
Here’s the difference between a conventional HEPA filter and the BioGS HEPA filter:
- True HEPA Filter: Traps allergens and particles at 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency
- BioGS HEPA Filter: Traps allergens and particles at 0.3 microns in size and at 99.97% efficiency; reduces build-up of common allergens and bacteria growth; extends filter efficiency
The Minusa2’s multi-stage filtration system is really what makes this air purifier so effective, and the BioGS HEPA filter’s ability to preserve efficiency and extend the life of the filter also helps.
Wi-Fi Enabled and App Control
The Minusa2 is Wi-Fi enabled, so you can control it from anywhere (the couch, the next room, halfway across the world) using the free app, which is available for iOS and Android.
Here’s what the Wi-Fi connectivity and app can do:
- Maintenance Reminders: The machine will remind you when it’s time to change the filter.
- Control: Manage your air purifier from anywhere while it’s connected to Wi-Fi.
- Program: Create a daily schedule for your air purifier.
- Air Quality Monitor: Monitor the air quality in your home and the settings on your air purifier, even when you’re away.
- Light Change: Adjust the LED lights, air quality indicator and the mood light with the touch of a button to give more or less light.
- Account Management: Manage your account, monitor all of your purifiers and order air purifier filters right from the app.
Rabbit Air Purifier Tips and Benefits
Rabbit Air believes that a home should be a place to relax and recharge, so they took a holistic approach when designing the Minusa2. The Minusa2 also saves you money in the long-run compared to other air purifiers, and the company provides excellent service.
A Holistic Approach
The Minusa2 features a whisper-quiet operation, so it won’t disrupt your life. The air purifier clocks in at about 20 dBA, which is quieter than a whisper and only slightly louder than a clock tick.
The brushless motor aids in the quiet operation and adds to the overall efficiency of the machine.
There’s also a light-sensing auto mode that will transition the unit to sleep mode when it’s in a dark room. The machine reactivates when light levels increase. This light-sensing mode will save you money on your energy bill while helping you sleep better at night.
There’s also a mood light feature. The LED mood light on the front panel can be turned on to emit a soothing spectrum of colors.
Most air purifiers have brushed motors, and while cheaper, they are inefficient and inferior to brushless motors.
Brushless motors have a lot of advantages, including:
- More Power: The copper windings are located on the exterior of the motor, with more room to make them stronger and larger.
- Smarter: Adjusts resistance and power accordingly, while a brushed motor always runs as fast as it can.
- More Efficient: There’s no need to worry about brushes wearing out over time.
A Customizable Look
The Minusa2 allows you to personalize the look of your air purifier. Rabbit Air offers a customized panel that can be adjusted to fit your needs. The Artists Series features images from:
- Claude Monet
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Katsushika Hokusai
- Hello Kitty
- Original designs from Rabbit Air’s creative team
With the Minusa2, your air purifier can literally become art on your walls.
Did we mention that you can choose to either mount the air purifier to the wall or use the included stand to make it a part of your home décor?
The Minusa2 is Energy Star rated, and the filters last up to two years with 12-hour, daily operation. Thanks to these two features, the Minusa2 keeps your annual costs low.
On average, people save $862.80 over five years with a Rabbit Air purifier compared to other leading models.
Great Customer Service
Rabbit Air offers great customer service, which makes it a pleasure to own the Minusa2. Customer service reps are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Live chat is also available, and you can contact the company via email if you prefer. Different email addresses are available for different issues, such as:
- Customer service
- Public relations
- Purchase orders
- Advertisers and marketers
- Distributor inquiries
These different emails make it easy to get in touch with the right department if you prefer to contact the company via email.
Where to Buy Rabbit Air Purifiers
With a sleek, modern design, Wi-Fi connectivity and a sophisticated filtration system, the Minusa2 is a great option for allergy sufferers and everyday users who want to improve their indoor air quality.
But where you can you actually buy the Minusa2?
Amazon has the best price, and you can get free 2-day shipping if you’re a Prime member. Amazon even makes it easy to choose the customized filter you want, and to choose a protection plan.