Cannabis delivered to your doorstep. From Weed edibles, to pre-rolls, to your nightly does of CBD. It may sound like a dream, but Eaze is helping make it a reality. Operating in California, Eaze connects verified customers with licensed retailers who deliver cannabis products. It’s a quick, hassle-free way to get your cannabis fix.
What is Eaze?
Launched in 2014, Eaze is a convenient, on-demand weed delivery service based in California. Their website serves as an online marketplace that offers legal access to cannabis and allows retailers to offer compliant delivery.
Through Eaze’s platform, customers can have a variety of cannabis products delivered, including:
- Dose pens
- Bath and body care
So far, Eaze has facilitated more than 3.5 million legal deliveries and helped create more than 1,200 jobs through their retail partners.
Customer ages and identities are verified at multiple stages in the transaction, and the company uses encryption to keep customer data secure.
Eaze only works with licensed retailers and brands, and they only deliver to verified customers.
Simply put, Eaze provides safe, legal delivery of cannabis.
How Does Eaze Work?
Eaze is not a grower. They work with local licensed cannabis retailers that use Eaze’s technology to reach a broader audience.
Here’s how it works:
- You, the customer, register an account with Eaze and use their marketplace to place an order.
- The order is routed to a local retailer based on your location.
- The retailer dispatches the order to the nearest delivery driver employee.
- The order is delivered.
Eaze ensures compliance with government rules and regulations in a few ways:
- Customers must upload a valid government-issued ID to verify that they are at least 21 years of age.
- Customers must provide a valid delivery address.
- Delivery drivers verify the customer’s ID and collect their signature upon delivery.
- Retailers use compliant packaging.
The order and delivery process is similar to other e-commerce retailers – with just a few extra steps to verify that you’re legally able to purchase cannabis.
All delivery drivers are employees of the dispensaries, and they’re trained on how to safely deliver cannabis to verified customers. Eaze accepts orders between 9AM and 10PM, 365 days per year.
Additionally, Eaze offers a concierge service via email, scheduled phone call or live chat. Their representatives will help you find answers to any questions you may have about cannabis or their service.
What Do You Need to Create an Account with Eaze?
In order to create an account with Eaze, you must be at least 21 years of age.
As far as ID verification goes, you will need the following:
- For Recreational-Use Delivery: A valid government-issued ID showing that you’re at least 21 years of age.
- For Areas That Only Allow Medical Use: A valid ID and a valid California medical marijuana recommendation.
Santa Clara County will require all recipients to have their ID scanned at the time of delivery. If you’re making a purchase through the San Jose-based dispensary, you will need to have a valid, government-issued license or ID card. Passports cannot be accepted at this time.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- State-issued identification card
- State-issued driver’s license
- Passport or Foreign Government Issued ID (must be in English or translated) – see passport exception above.
Other things that you’ll need:
- A working phone number that can receive texts and calls. The phone must be SMS enabled.
- Form of payment. Cash is accepted at all locations. Credit cards are accepted at most locations.
- Browser to access the Eaze website.
Why do you need an SMS-enabled phone to use Eaze? Because you will receive updates via text messages with your order’s ETA. Drivers will be able to contact you via SMS or a phone call using a masked phone number. Drivers will contact you by phone when they’ve arrived. If you do not respond to the driver within five minutes, they will be required to cancel the order.
By law, you must be there to receive the order. Someone else may not receive your delivery.
Browsing the Menu and Ordering
Eaze’s retail partners offer a wide range of products through the company’s online marketplace. Each of these products also has detailed information so that you know exactly what you’re getting when you place an order.
You’ll be able to view:
- THC and CBD content, listed as “mg” or “%”
- Ingredients when applicable
- Effects, such as relaxed, balanced, uplifted, focused or creative
All of this information will help you choose a product that meets your needs.
Just add the products you want to your cart and go through the checkout process like you would any other online store.
Keep in mind that you’ll only be able to place orders when the company is open (between 9AM and 10PM), and you cannot place advanced orders.
Can You Buy Edibles Online Without a Medical Card?
The answer to this question depends on a few things, including the type of edibles you want to purchase and your location.
If you’re interested in CBD edibles, they’re legal everywhere without a medical card because they are derived from hemp.
If you want to purchase cannabis-derived edibles, you’ll need to consult with your local laws. Eaze does deliver edibles, but your location will determine whether you’ll need a medical card. If you live in an area where adult use licenses are not available yet, you will need a recommendation to receive your order.
Where Does Eaze Deliver?
Eaze currently delivers in major cities in California, including:
- Bay Area: San Francisco & Peninsula, South Bay and East Bay
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- Sonoma County
- San Diego
- Inland Empire/San Bernardino
- Napa County
Delivery areas may change at any time, so be sure to visit Eaze’s official to see if they deliver to your location.
By the way, delivery times are lightning fast. We’ve heard customers talk about receiving their weed in as little as 15 minutes. Most people get their deliveries within 20-30 minutes. That’s faster than sitting in traffic to get to the dispensary and then back home.
The delivery system is similar to Uber and Lyft. Orders are dispatched to nearby drivers, so you get your order as quickly as possible. You’re not relying on major carriers, like UPS or FedEx. You’re relying on dispensary employees to deliver your weed. If they just happen to be right around the corner, you’ll get your order in minutes.
Eaze recommends receiving your delivery in a safe, public, well-lit space. Just keep in mind that deliveries cannot be made to parks, like the Golden Gate Park, or on federal land.
Is Eaze Delivery Safe?
One of the biggest concerns with any cannabis delivery service is safety. Now that marijuana is legal for recreational or medical use, there’s no reason to take chances with the safety of your weed.
Eaze makes safety their top priority. While drivers are employees of retail partners (not Eaze), steps are still taken to ensure that deliveries are made safely:
- You will receive updates via SMS about your order’s ETA.
- The driver will call you to let you know they’ve arrived.
- You must present your ID before receiving your shipment.
- All drivers must pass a background check.
- Drivers are trained on how to safely deliver cannabis.
- You receive information about the delivery driver after your order has been delivered.
The entire ordering and delivering process is compliant with local laws, and they only work with licensed retailers and brands. In other words, you never have to worry about receiving a product from a Joe down the street who happens to grow his own weed.
You can view all of Eaze’s licensed retailers right on their website. Some of their partners include:
- NC3 Systems, Inc in San Jose
- DCSM Inc. in San Francisco
- The Green Goddess, Inc. in Los Angeles
- CBD Incorporated in Orange County
- Bay Park Organics, LLC in San Diego
Eaze provides the license information for each retailer, so you’re free to do your research before ordering.
Because safety is so important to Eaze and their partners, drivers must meet certain qualifications in order to deliver cannabis products.
Retailers might have their own qualification requirements in addition to the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- The vehicle must be registered in the driver’s name
- The vehicle’s insurance must be in the driver’s name
- The vehicle must be 2004 or newer
- The driver must consent to a criminal background check
Also, drivers are paid well, which helps ensure that they do their jobs properly. Typically, delivery specialists earn $18-$26 per hour, depending on location.
Eaze’s Code of Conduct
Eaze has a Code of Conduct that they expect drivers and customers to follow. This further improves safety while also improving the customer experience.
- Respect: Customers and drivers should be courteous and respectful of one another.
- Safety: Some parties prefer deliveries to be discreet, but drivers and customers should not be invited into a personal residence or vehicle.
- Awareness: Always be aware of your surroundings. Customers and drivers should meet in public streets or well-lit areas for deliveries.
- Anonymous Communication: All sender/recipient phone numbers are anonymized for calls and SMS messages. Customers and drivers should not ask to communicate through different methods, such as social media platforms or messaging apps.
When all parties follow this code of conduct, the entire process is safer and more enjoyable.
Is It Legal?
Eaze itself doesn’t deal in marijuana, nor the delivery of the marijuana. They simply connect verified customers with retailers who employ delivery drivers. Technically, Eaze’s platform and technology are not breaking any laws.
In California, recreational and medicinal marijuana are both legal.
Eaze Delivery Reviews
What are Customers Saying?
Most customers are really happy with Eaze’s platform. There have been a few hiccups along the way. One person complained that they never received their order. But it’s important to remember that Eaze is just the platform that connects customers to retailers. The drivers are employees of the retailers – not Eaze.
Most people have incredibly positive experiences with Eaze’s service. It’s easy to order, and drivers are at your door within 30 minutes in most cases. It truly is an on-demand weed delivery service. Why drive to the dispensary if you don’t have to?
Eaze’s marketplace offers just about everything you could need, from flowers to accessories (like rolling papers) to vaporizers, edibles (like chocolate), drinks, concentrates, body sprays and just about everything in between. You can even buy packs of pre-rolled joints if you want to stock up. And if you’re looking for relief without the high, you can choose from a range of CBD products.
Eaze’s convenience and quick delivery times make it very popular with California residents. Who wants to drive to the dispensary, sit in traffic and then make the trek back home? Eaze connects you with licensed retailers who will deliver weed right to your door.
If you’re still on the fence about ordering from Eaze, the company is currently offering a promotional discount for new customers. Right now, you can get $20 off your first order. It’s the perfect opportunity to give Eaze’s service a try.